1. The most ubiquitous consumer item on Earth, the lowly plastic bag is an environmental scourge like none other, sapping the life out of our oceans and thwarting our attempts to recycle it.
2. Only 1 percent of plastic bags are recycled worldwide -- about 2 percent in the U.S.
3. 50 percent of all marine litter is some form of plastic. There are 46,000 pieces of plastic litter floating in every square mile of ocean.
4. Americans throw away over 100 BILLION plastic bags a year.
5. Plastic dry cleaning bags are made from polyethylene, a petroleum product and take as long as 500 years to degrade.
Dry cleaning may be a necessary evil but you don't have to use the plastic that comes with clean clothes. You can make a difference in one easy step...and never use plastic again!
Reuse it...or Lose it!